Monday, April 14, 2008

Duck Park

I am visiting my parents in California. There are flowers. Green leaves. Sunshine. It is heavenly. The only thing that will make it better is when the hubby joins me on Thursday.

Today my mom and I took the kids to the"Duck Park." William was absolutely amazed. While my mom and I fed them with bird seed (bread isn't allowed anymore) William just stood there. He didn't talk. He didn't move. He just watched.





I know he looks like he isn't having fun, but don't be fooled. That is his, "I have never seen anything like this before and I am trying to take it all in" face.

Marie, on the other hand, was not nearly as impressed. This is what she did during the duck adventure. . . .


After the ducks we went over to the playground. By then Marie was awake so I put her in the swing for the first time. She loved it. It was so different from William's first adventure in the swing. He just fell asleep. Marie giggled and smiled and had a ball!






7 comments:

Carina said...

What a cool visit! Marie is getting so big! Big enough to swing all by herself. Wow. :)

CaliforniaCoxs said...

I could just squeeze her little cheeks. Welcome to CA!

Hansen's Munchkins said...

Oh I love your little kidlets, they are so cute. And sunshine! Oh, how I miss it, we've had a weird flurry of snow and rain all day, I'm wishing I were in California...

Just dandee said...

Fun for you to be in the warm California sun. It snowed yesterday here and there is no hope of warm weather for the next week. Since your little man loved the ducks, have you been to Layton park? There is a big duck pond. If not, we'll have to take the kids sometime.

amyliz said...

Doesn't it just amaze you how your kids can be so completely different?? Sunshine.......whats that again??? heehee I guess I can't complain, today it was in the 60's much better that the 30's we had earlier this week!!!!

Amy said...

Sigh.......... I wish I was there, did you know it SNOWED here two days ago? It was like a blizzard for awhile. Enjoy it!!!!!

Marissa said...

So cute! I bet CA is sooooo beautiful right now!