
Instead of actually conquering the mountains of both dirty and clean laundry in my house, I thought I would be idol and post a blog about laundry. Productive, right?
I think I have mentioned before that I will always be behind on my laundry. It was in my 100 facts about me post, so if you don't remember reading that, I don't blame you. I wouldn't either, except that I wrote it.
ANYWAY
Whilst I was sitting here listening to my washer chugging away (yes, I have at least started a load, that's progress!) I was pondering laundry. You see, after I moved away for college in 1999 until the blessed day in June of 2005, when Brandon and I bought a washer and dryer, I had to use a laundromat. So, I did what any normal young adult woman would do. I just bought enough underwear that I could go about 3 weeks without having to do my laundry. Then, after I got married in 2004, laundry became more of a weekly thing. We were poor. We couldn't afford that much underwear for Brandon. {Alright now that I have officially embarrassed my husband I will continue} Each week we would load the laundry in the car, take it to the laundromat, wash it, dry it, bring it home, dump it on our guest bed and there it would sit until it got folded or until we had worn all the clothes in the pile. Generally, the latter was the first to happen. I always told Brandon that if we had a washer and dryer of our own I would be so much better about doing laundry. Then came that blessed day in June 2005 that I mentioned before, a month after we found out that we were pregnant with William. {There was no way I was bringing a baby home to a washer and dryer-less home} That blessed day we bought a washer and dryer and it was then that our laundry situation was solved. Not really. Because then a baby came into our world and I was working full-time and Brandon was going to school full-time. More excuses, more mountains of laundry. The next step in our life was our move to a new home, Brandon starting a new job, and me becoming a stay-at-home mom. Finally I could get a system down and get this laundry under control. Not.
I mean, the fact of the matter is, I don't like doing laundry. It takes so long and it is, well, never ending! Maybe we should all start wearing the same clothes for, say, 2-3 days at a time. That way for at least 2-3 days of my life I won't have any clothes waiting to be washed. Wouldn't that be nice? Or I could hire somebody to do my laundry for me. Yes, when I am rich, that is what I will do.
Until then, I need another excuse for not doing my laundry. This is what I decided on. Once I have a laundry room that looks like these pictures, I will totally LOVE doing laundry. Who wouldn't?
I like the blue and white. It is a very calm room. It would counteract the stress that laundry causes me. Of course, the small TV would not do. I think I would put a large flat panel plasma on the wall.


6 comments:
WOW! I would have to have a kitchen with that much space before a laundry room. Oh the dreams we can have!
I think I like the first one the best..I think they are all bigger than any kitchen I have seen.
WOW! I am also doing laundrey as I read this entry! I also HATE HATE HATE doing laundrey. I make everyone re-run outfits. Sometimes I spray febreeze on things and wear them again (embarassing truth be told). I get really mad when my husband wears jeans only once and throws them in the wash to be washed.
To defend myself, I have to say that we have a 9 month old and no washer dryer. We have to use a coin opperated one downstairs, and it costs $1.25 per wash (we hang dry). I feel for you and also let my laundrey get out of control. I agree about those nice laundrey rooms too!
I actually have that exact "laundry sign" in my laundry room. I wish the sign were the way things actually worked for laundry. It really is never ending. Amazing laundry rooms. I would love a counter in mine, but I guess I should be grateful to even have a room to do it in.
I love those pics and feel the same about laundry-definitely my least favorite chore! BTW, I tagged you so take a peek at my blog when you get the chance!
I LOVE that first laundry room. You'll notice that it says, "Home Organization Solutions". That room is CLEARLY the solution!
Post a Comment