Saturday, June 14, 2008

End of An Era



Sara graduated from RHS this past Thursday. She is the last one of our clan to walk those halls. After 17 years my parents will no longer have a child in high school. At the graduation, I wondered if my mom was going to cry. I wondered if Sara was going to cry. Heck, I wondered if I was going to cry. There weren't any tears. Not one single salty drop fell that night. The reason? Because, yes, this is an end of an era, but it is the beginning of so much more. It is her chance to discover herself more so than her 4 years in high school ever allowed. It is her chance to step outside of the box that 6 siblings and familiar surroundings have created for her and truly found out what she is made of. I am thrilled to see Sara enter this stage in life because I know that she is going to shine. I know that she is going to make something wonderful of herself because what she has already made is already wonderful.






Graduation also causes reminiscing. I mean, how can you look at your youngest sister in her cap and gown and not remember holding her for the first time, changing her diapers, rocking her to sleep, doing her hair, helping her get dressed, talking with her, laughing with her, singing with her, just loving her? With so many memories behind us, I can only imagine and look forward to all of the memories that are yet to come! I love you, Sara, and I am so proud of you.


1 comment:

Becca said...

ahh you missed hold her so much...I hope you don't change her diaper now...just kidding...