Saturday, August 2, 2008

Yay for friends!

When my sewing machine went kaput a few weeks ago I was in the middle of sewing a couple of sun dresses for Marie. I knew I had to take the beast to the shop and had no idea how much it would cost or how long it would take to fix it so I called a good friend to see if I could borrow her machine. Seriously, if I had any idea how nice of a machine she had I don't think I ever would have asked. She was so generous to let me borrow it and it was love at first stitch for me! I now know what my kids college education fund will go to I am going to start saving my pennies for.

Anyway, this is one of the dresses I made.


And with the extra material I had I decided to try out a tutorial I found for a tiered skirt. It turned out so stinkin' cute. I must warn you, however, that I did not use any of the math in the tutorial. I used the numbers that she provided because that size worked for Marie. So if you decide to try it out, do so at your own risk!


Marie is practicing her "pouty model" look here.

1 comment:

jill said...

Super cute dress and adorable skirt. I am jealous of your sewing talents.