
...October is Dinosaur Month? Since William has absolutely fallen in love with this book that I got from the library I thought it would be perfect to do some activities focused around dinosaurs this week. Today he is going to color the letter D and a picture of a Dinosaur found here. Easy and low key. I like it that way.
3 comments:
Oooh. I love the first school website. I really like the handwriting sheets. I printed them off onto cardstock, laminated them, and bought some wet-erase markers for my kids to practice writing on them. Uses less paper. Go Green! (Ok that is my only effort at 'going green' but I guess I gotta start somewhere)
Hiya! I just wanted to know that you made my day easy! I went with your lesson plan (thx Teach!) and we are learing about dinos this week! And I followed your link and had Hannah color the letter D and chose a not-so-scary dinosaur (that was hard to find)! Thanks so much!! Keep the ideas coming...heehee
I was going to leave a message but I didn't see a spot and I'm not sure how often you check your myspace so this will have to work :)
I wanted to let you know of a rather messy but super fun Dinosaur Activity I did with the kids when I worked in the Preschool. You take a balloon and blow it up to whatever size you want and then you make a paste out of flour, water, and cornstarch and you have the kids dip strips of newspaper into the paste and then cover the entire balloon except for the tied end. (He will need help for this big part). You let it hang dry for 1-2 days, and then you paint it (we did flouresant paint but use whatever you want) and then you let that dry. And then when it is dry you pop the balloon inside, take it out and William will have his very own Dinosaur Egg! Its super fun, super messy, but its super cool!
Post a Comment