Sunday, October 12, 2008

William-ese

These conversations happen all day long around our house:

William: Guess what.
Mommy: What?
William: I love you.
Mommy: Oh, thank you.

William: Guess what.
Mommy: What?
William: I love you.
Mommy: I love you, too.
William: No, say "Oh, thank you."
Mommy: Oh, right. Oh, thank you.

William: Guess what.
Mommy: What?
William: You're cute.
Mommy: Oh, thank you.

William: Guess what, phone. Guess what, phone. Guess what, phone. (And yes, he will keep saying this until....)
Mommy or Daddy as Phone: What?
William: You're cute.
Mommy or Daddy as Phone: Oh, thank you.

Tonight:
Mommy: William, guess what.
William: No.
Mommy: I love you.
William: No, no say it.
Mommy: fake crying
William: turns around with a very concerned look on his face while Mommy is still "crying" What's wrong, Mommy? Why are you crying?
Daddy: Mommy's sad William. You didn't say what.
William: Guess what, Mommy.
Mommy: *sob* What?
William: I love you.
Mommy: Oh, thank you!
William: Daddy! I make Mommy happy! Mommy. No cry. Happy!

How can you not love this kid?

2 comments:

Shawn and Mish said...

HE is sooooo stinkin' cute! I just want to kiss his cute face!

Fantabulous Lil P said...

oh man.....I can't wait until Thanksgiving time. I am so coming to your house.