A little over a year ago I briefly mentioned to Brandon that I didn’t think I would ever see Celine Dion in concert because she was closing her show in Vegas. At the time I didn’t know she was coming to Salt Lake. He did. He bought tickets for my birthday. He loves me.
*sigh*
I can’t really tell you when I grew to love Celine Dion. I suppose it dates back to my freshmen year at college when my roommates and I choreographed a lip sync to “It’s All Coming Back To Me Now” complete with slamming doors , leaps across the room, and dancing on the couches.
Or perhaps it’s the lyrics to “Because You Loved Me” and the fact that in the cheesiest kind of way that song always makes me think of my parents.
Or it could be the memories of belting “Tell Him” with whomever was willing to duet with me, usually in my car with the volume full blast. We did spare those around us and kept the windows up.
I can tell you that it is not because of “My Heart Will Go On.” As a matter of fact, I was thrilled that we made it through the entire concert without hearing it and then sorely disappointed when she busted it out as her final encore.
Whatever the case. I love Celine Dion and that was reiterated last weekend at her concert. No one can deny that she is a fantastic entertainer, especially not me. I was thoroughly entertained.
And seeing her was a dream come true.
Thanks, Honey!
5 comments:
I am so jealous! I love Celine! What a great hubby you have..I would keep him if I were you! :)
I loved the picture of you on the couch with the lovely "Barnes Hall" bricks in the background...hehe.
I remember mocking "My Heart Will Go On" in my Ford Tempo with you- and you saying at the end of it all, "She does have an amazing voice, though."
Good times.
How fun! I remember hating her all through high school, and even a little bit into college, but I ABSOLUTELY LOVED "Tell him," and her Anne Geddes CD. That is awesome that you got to go to her concert!
I love Celine too! I was able to see her the last summer she was in Vegas and it was amazing!! I'm glad you were able to go. Sounds like you guys had a great time!!
I was so bumbed that she left Vegas, now that we live close enough! Freshman year, HA! I totally can hear it now! Thanks for the smiles! ;)
Post a Comment