Thursday, April 9, 2009

William-ese

PICT8962_edited-1 Reading Green Eggs and Ham to William was providential. Since then we have convinced him to eat many meals simply by saying,

Mommy or Daddy: You do not like them, so you say. Try them, try them, and you may! Try them and you may, I say!

William: Sam, uh, Daddy, if you will let me be, I will try them. You will see.

Without fail (so far) and without a fuss he will then take a bite of the meal that we have been begging him and pleading him to eat with as much diligence as Sam I Am. And without fail he will repeat,

William: Say, I like __(insert name of whatever he just ate)____! I do! I like them, Sam, uh, Daddy!

And then proceed to finish his meal and usually explains to us where he is as he takes each bite.

William: I will eat this in a box. Now on a train. The train is going to crash. Now I am on a boat. ……

Thank you, Dr. Suess. I owe you one.

___________________________________________________

We thought he took it a bit too far when he proceeded to dip a tortilla chip into his ice cream and said reassuringly to us,

William: I will like it. You will see.

___________________________________________________

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

that's so cute! And what a relief that you may have found a way out of the picky eating stage! I love the tortilla chip in ice cream . . . what's not to like?

Bud & Kim said...

Ha, ha! I love it. I'll have to remember that one.

shydandelion said...

Joshua is "I am not going to get up today," only his is "I am not going to eat that today." Have you read that one? LOL! "You won't get me up with a strawberry flip, you won't get me up with a marshmellow dip..." Bribes don't work...sigh...Well, I suppose someday he will have a wife who will make him eat everything on his plate. :)

Becca said...

Ha! Ha! Don't you love it when they sort of talk back to you from a book!

Mattson Family said...

What a great idea! I'm pulling out Dr. Suess right now!!

Mattson Family said...

P.S.
I saw that your are making One Eyed Jacks for dinner..I remember your Mom teaching me how to make those when I spent the night at your house when we were 9 or 10. I still make them to this day and think of her whenever I make them!

Fantabulous Lil P said...

hahaha. I'm cracking up. It's true....