I thought that was a pretty good idea. Gardening just never seemed all that thrilling to me. Then I grew up and bought a house and realized that I really like houses with pretty flowers in the front and if I want pretty flowers in front of my house than I had better get a job so that I can hire a gardener or else I better start liking gardening. (How's that for a run-on sentence?) The latter has been my choice.
My mom was thrilled the other day when I called her and said, "I just dug up about 50 tulip bulbs. Now what?" After she explained what I should do we proceeded to talk about the fact that I want to plant daffodils in the fall. Daffodils are such a happy flower, don't you think? We also talked about what kind of plants I bought for my front yard. The conversation ended right before she went into shock because we were actually talking about gardening.
Somewhere in the midst of the conversation I promised her pictures of what we have planted so far in our front yard and of our delicious looking tomato plants. So, these are for you, Mom! Make sure you are sitting down.

P.S. The pink flowers are called "Super Parfait Strawberry Dianthysus". Don't you just want to lick your lips when you read that?
3 comments:
Your yard looks great! Now that this baby is here I need to get working on mine! Your new blog looks fantastic! Did you do the background yourself? You are so talented!
It sounds like a flavor of Lip Smacker's lip gloss. :)
I am officially envious of your tomato plants. Ours have decided to give up the ghost. What's your secret?
Post a Comment