Friday, August 21, 2009

Just Keep Swimming!

Despite a busy summer I managed to squeeze swimming lessons in just in time! It was the last session at the pool.

The verdict on how they went is complicated, but to put it simply --

From a former swim instructor's viewpoint I was not impressed with the management of the pool, the organization of the lessons, or the lead teacher's enthusiasm.

From a mother's standpoint I was pleased with the progress that William made and loved how much he looked forward to lessons each day. He would literally shake with excitement as he walked toward the pool. That alone made it worth every penny.

William has now informed us that when he grows up he wants to be a swim lesson teacher. That is why I will do it again. I'm thinking maybe in January when we are all tired of being in the house. (As much as I hate indoor pools, that is a definite benefit they provide, year round swimming lessons!)

Doing "superman glides". I'm pretty sure this guy is the reason William loved the lessons.

Playing "Bubble Gum"


Bubble, bubble, bubble,

POP!

the devoted spectator

Bubbles with the kickboard.
They should have been encouraging him to put his eyes in the water. Just saying ...

He was splashing the teachers so they "attacked". That smile is just priceless!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I LOVE that smile on William's face! Handsome fella.