Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Marie-esque

September 2008

September 2009

Current "isms":

"See temple. Sing, Mommy. Sing!" (This is a daily occurence.)

I was listening to a compilation CD in the car the other day. "You're the One that I Want" from the Grease soundtrack played. When it was done she cried, "Wa-da-I-want. O-o-o. A-gin, Mommy. A-gin." Since then I have been ordered to play that song dozens of times. When it is finished she continues singing. "I chills. Plying. O-o-o."

William has a favorite phrase when I am insisting that he do something, like, *gasp* go potty because he is dancing around the house. He always stomps away and says, "I'm tired of this!" Today at the park I insisted that Marie not try to climb down the rock wall (I'm such a mean mommy!) and she stomped her foot and said, "I tied uh dis!"

Her favorite game to play in the car after we take William to preschool is to ask me repeatedly, "Mommy, where Daddy go?" I say, "Work." She replies, "Oh, work. Mommy, where William, go?" I answer, "He's at preschool." She replies, "Oh, preschool." Repeat. Over and over and over again. If I try to ignore her she will cry, "Mommy, Mommy, Mooooooommmyyyyyyyy!" Over and over and over again.

5 comments:

Jill said...

I know she's as big as she is in the second picture, but in my mind, she's still little like the first. Why is that?

Bud & Kim said...

Gosh! It's been so long since I've visited your blog. So fun to catch up on all the happenings. You look great!

Becca said...

Ha!!! Funny!!! Drama! Drama! Marie!

William you could always go get a diaper and offer to put it on him. That is what i do with Ethan he then goes potty. Good Luck with the 20 ?'s game!!

Amy said...

hey girl! Wow, you have been insanely busy!! I love how much of a family girl are and jealous of your ambition and love for life! Lately (as u can see thru my lack of blogging) I have been so exhausted and spent that I don't feel like doing anything! Isn't that awful? I hope to get back into the swing of things. You definetly inspire me!!

Amy said...

Wow, look at that beautiful little girl!! I love her hair like that! She is definitely full of personality!