Sunday, November 15, 2009

So, One Time in October ...

... we decorated pumpkins.

William very strongly suggested that Brandon carve a truck out of his pumpkin. For the record, $1 carving kits are not ideal for this situation.
The rest of us skipped the carving and did a bit of painting and crafting instead. Marie could paint all day every day on everything if I let her. She painted her pumpkin and then I helped her put a face on with jewels and material, and then she painted over that. Her phrase of the night, "Pritty pink punkin".
William is pointed at the eyebrow on his pumpkin. I cut the face out for him and he decided to put little pompoms as eyebrows. He was very proud of this idea ... and so was I.
(His eyebrows didn't stay on very well with the craft glue, so I had to do some reconstructive surgery with hot glue later that night.)

5 comments:

Stephen and Kjerstin said...

I love it! And I love Brandon's faces in these pics! The witch pumpkin is my favorite...so creative! And no worries about being late with posting...I'm WAY behing. I love you!

Bud & Kim said...

Nice job on the truck Brandon! And I agree with the above post...the witch was SO creative!!

Shawn and Mish said...

Way cute!!! We carved ours super early in the season and had to enjoy our neighbor's handiwork instead.

Heather said...

Very cute pumpkins, you all did a great job. I love the eyebrows too.

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome! We never got around to doing anything with our pumpkins. I think I will turn them into some kind of dessert...