Monday, May 3, 2010

Summer Music Workshop Preview

As an educator and a parent I place great value on interdisciplinary or cross-curricular teaching. Tie that into the the fact that I am specifically a music educator and naturally, I am an advocate for bringing music into all core subjects and vice versa.

That being said, a main goal of mine as I have developed the curriculum for the Summer Music Workshop is to incorporate quality children's literature into my lesson plans. My willing subjects (namely William and Marie) have thoroughly enjoyed the influx of books that have come from the library recently as I have sifted through different book possibilities.

We have found some definite treasures
and are relying on some old favorites.

Add to that songs, games, and crafts related to these books and more and it is going to be a great week!

4 comments:

Jill said...

You know we're coming, right? I need to get the info sheets and money to you ASAP. I am so excited for this! (IF you're not having more contractions.....)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I should have you come down and organize my life so that I can be a cool mom too. ;)

Becca said...

Keep me updated!

Stephen and Kjerstin said...

I wish I was there to be your student! By the way, I was hanging out with Aubrey and her husband last night and she somehow lost "connection" to your blog. She'd like an invite. That possible? Let me know!