Friday, June 4, 2010

The Belly: 30 weeks and a few days

Random Thoughts of a Pregnant Woman

:: I took this picture about a week and a half ago. As I sit and write this post, I am 32 weeks along.

:: I like side profiles. The maternal "chub-chub" I have gained isn't quite as prominent from this angle. I almost look like I'm all belly, but I'm not ... oh trust me, I'm not.

:: Contractions have pretty much become non-existent except when I have to pee. For some reason a full bladder encourages contractions. TMI? Sorry.

:: I would like the contractions to hold off until about 5 weeks from now and then I would like them back. That's probably too much to ask but I'll ask anyway.

:: I found out this week that one of my bestest of all best friends is getting married on July 31st. Poor timing on someone's part, not pointing any fingers or anything ...

:: My mom (L & D nurse) did an ultrasound this week. There's a good chance she took a sneak peek of the gender. If she did, it's her little secret and I don't think any bribery will coax it out of her so don't get any ideas. For the record, Brandon and I still do not know.

:: I am carrying this baby SO low! I never feel the baby up in my ribs. All of the movement is down between my hips. Very, very strange sensation and a bit painful, I must admit.

:: Brandon and I sold our infant car seat this past summer, we were disenchanted with the brand. We were just thinking this week that we should probably start working on replacing it. Eventually ...

:: It is so strange to be in what should be my "nesting stage" but not know the gender. It really takes the pressure off of my crafty instincts to sew my little heart out before this baby's arrival.

:: I thank my Heavenly Father daily for the miracle that is growing inside of me. I will never take this blessing for granted and pray that I may always live worthy of it.

9 comments:

Jill said...

hahahahaha! When I saw the picture I got all excited. "That's Bethany's house, not her parents...THEY'RE HOME!!!" Then I kept reading. Sneaky. And cute. What is your mother's number. I am determined to crack the code. This is driving me nuts. I don't know how you can stand it.

Bud & Kim said...

Thanks for sharing. Despite what you might think I think you look great! I can't wait to see what your little surprise is. Glad you're feeling well and not having any contractions for the most part.

Maren said...

That is so exciting. You are so close. Just a few more weeks until this cutie makes his/her presence.

just dandee said...

Great Shot! I too prefer the profile shots of my belly. Marie looks soo very pleased to be headed to California. Hope it's been fun!

Heather said...

You look darling!

Anonymous said...

You are such a cute prego lady! I am so excited for you! Baby # 3 is going to be so much fun!

Jill said...

Seriously. Does your mother take bribes? Will she ease my suffering if I swear a solemn vow to never tell?

aLeXis said...

You do look AMAZING! I am so jealous that you are even just a couple weeks ahead of me. Makes it seem so much closer for you. :) Eventually, huh? And I am with Jill and can't believe that not knowing isn't making you nuts. Good job! It will be so much fun to see the surprise!!!

Stephen and Kjerstin said...

You have a very grateful heart and you're a wonderful woman! Hope you continue to feel well!