Life has been full lately. So much to record. So much more planned. More documenting will be necessary.
Tonight, however, I am trying to decide how I feel about the results of my OB appointment today. The baby is healthy. Let's just put that out on the table before I worry anybody.
Yep, Squirt is healthy enough to measure in at approx. 5 pounds already. I'm 32.5 weeks. To put that into perspective, Marie weighed 6 pounds 1 ounce when she was born. She came at 38.5 weeks.
Could the ultrasound be inaccurate? Sure, but Squirt has measured consistently about 2 weeks ahead most of the pregnancy, so who knows.
Does this mean that my due date is off and Squirt will come sooner than estimated? Perhaps, although I can hardly hope for that or the last few weeks will drive me to insanity.
Does this just mean that Squirt will come around 38 or 39 weeks as expected and will be a big baby? Perhaps. Man, I don't know what I would do with a chunky newborn. It would be like starting out with a 3 month old for me.
Have I ever mentioned how much I hate the unknown? Lots. And lots. And lots. The end of pregnancy is torture for me. My body and the baby inside are a dictatorship. I am the humble servant forced to succumb to their will.
May they show me some mercy.
2 comments:
And so we pray...
I am so sorry, Bethany. I remember this part of it was hard, but I'm sure I've forgotten how hard.
I'm here. How can I help?
Oh wow! Let's hope that squirt comes early. ;-) And I TOTALLY am with you on hating the unknown thing. I am a planner and well...I feel a little unprepared for what is about to unfold in two months. Oh well no stopping this train now! :-)
Post a Comment