Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Summer Entertainment

Cold Treats
There is something about sticky residue from frozen treats. That something keeps me from giving them to my kids very often. Before this summer I don't think Marie had ever had a popsicle and we could probably count on one hand the number William had eaten.
So what do I do to remedy that? I bought a bag of fudge-sicles. Yes, I'm crazy, why do you ask?


No worries. Nothing a shower in the garden hose can't fix.

Splish Splash

Speaking of water ...we take any chance we can to get wet around here.


 
  The backyard, the splash pad, the city pool ... we are all happier when water is involved in our day. The kids especially loved it when Grandma P. was here. They went swimming almost every single day. I must say, although I thoroughly enjoyed the quiet at home with Anne, my water loving self was a bit envious of their fun.

Rainstorms

Summer afternoon rainstorms take me right back to my childhood in Wyoming. I'm so glad we get one every so often her in Utah. I'm also glad we don't get one practically every day, like in Wyoming. And I'm glad that my genius husband had the idea to send the kids outside to splash in the puddles during this rainstorm. Something I would normally have thought of were it not for my state of sinus infection/sleep deprivation on that lovely day.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Oh Bethany! I miss you!! When you are up for it, we need to go on a library trip with a frozen treat mixed in along the way sometime.

Stephen and Kjerstin said...

Precious, adorable, beautiful.....pictures. You have a beautiful family! Hope you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

You guys are some seriously fun parents. I would have been like, "HEY! Don't go outside! You will get struck by lightening and DIE!" That's how I feel about camping, too...

I don't buy popcicles since I usually end up eating most of them, even though we get them for the kids.
You should try otter pops! Less mess...

Heather said...

I love these pics so dang cute. What a great idea to let them go play in it.