Our first week here was busy with the holiday festivities and a bit chilly, for California. The second week, Anne and I were both sick with the flu. Literally, every single person in the house got this bug at some point (that’s 8 adults and 2 babies). William and Marie? It completely skipped over them. I am still saying prayers of gratitude for that tender mercy. Anyway, this last week I was determined to spend as much time outside as was possible. So we went to the zoo, to the beach, had picnics, played at parks, rode scooters in the front yard … you know, all those things that we now will have to wait about 2 or 3 more months to do in Utah.
These pictures make me laugh because I took about 20 different shots and this was the best one out of the bunch. I love my kids and all their exuberance, I really do. That energy just doesn’t make for very good picture taking.
What did I tell you? Energy with a capital E. Vitamin D overload will do that to you.
The zoo was pretty good. If I hadn’t had to spend most of the time talking William out of looking through the telescopes, we might have seen a few more animals. It is so funny because they have these telescopes at almost every exhibit (that you have to pay $.50 for) and sometimes the animals are only a few feet away. At least they made for some good pictures. These are the only three pictures I took the entire day. I was in the mood to just enjoy and be in the moment, rather than worrying about documenting the moment.I should have at least documented Marie having an accident at the end. That was lovely. Riiighht…
No comments:
Post a Comment