Monday, January 10, 2011

We Went to the Beach, Of Course

Trip Number One:P1030268
Rachel and her husband (and his parents) love to surf. They have offered a number of times to teach us how to surf, so we decided to take them up on the offer. Well, Brandon took them up on the offer. I decided that wet suits and nursing probably wouldn’t go too well together so I had to pass. I didn’t realize how much I really wanted to be out in the water until I was sitting in the tent with a super grumpy Anne  instead. Add that to the fact that I was absolutely exhausted from my sweet baby’s sleepless nights and a few tears might have been shed.  Thankfully, the weather and sunshine and ocean breeze were therapeutic and watching the kids have a blast made up for my less than ideal morning on the beach.P1030306 The surf wasn’t that great that day but Brandon still enjoyed himself. Although, I think he prefers a boogie board to a surf board any day. P1030262_edited-1Look at this beauty! Not long after this picture she was running from the waves and got caught. In her words, “she went rolling and rolling and rolling out into the ocean.”  It was scary for her at first, but then she decided it was funny. I was just grateful that she was wearing a dress/shirt because I didn’t have anything to change her into. We just removed her pants and was able to still remain modest.P1030264  William could spend every day for the rest of his life chasing waves and would be perfectly happy. I didn’t even bring suits or shorts to Cali with us because it was wintertime. Silly me. Cold water never stops kids from getting soaked.

Trip Number Two:
P1030462 After a less than perfect first trip to the beach, I was insisted that we make another go of it. This time, it couldn’t have been a better day. The weather was as gorgeous as it gets, Anne was a happy camper, I was a happy camper, we were all just peachy keen. Grandpa did have to bribe William with a scooter to get him to go. It was a great idea that I would have never thought of myself, well done Grandpa! Why we had to bribe William to go to the beach is beyond me, but at least we thought of a good bribe!
P1030426 Look at that smile. Now that she was feeling a bit better, she decided the beach was a pretty good place after all. Oooo … I love that smile.
P1030434 P1030458 
P1030452 How can you not love a park that is right on the beach? After some “scootering”, this was our next stop. I will readily admit that I was utterly envious of the parents that were at the park with us that live in the area.  One mom there had jogged down from her house or apartment to let her little girl play. I couldn’t help but think of the weed infested path back home that I jog along and the park that gives me a fabulous view of the local elementary school. Yes, I was quite covetous in that moment.
P1030450

No comments: