Monday, August 29, 2011

Girl's Night Out

When Brandon and William took off on a Father/Son campout in July I knew exactly how Marie, Anne, and I were going to fill the evening. First we took care of some business by getting Anne's 1 year pictures taken at JCPenney (Yes, I'm old school like that. What can I say, it's easy, cheap, and convenient.) Then we went over to the girl's department to let Marie model some "princess dresses". It's something that I've been anxious to have an excuse to do ever since our good friend and neighbor posted about doing it with her daughter. I knew Marie would love doing it and I right. 


We could have stayed there all night and tried on dress after dress, if Anne had been more cooperative. I even found some cute matching dresses that I wanted the girls to model, but that just wasn't going to happen. Unfortunately, there was an opening underneath the door tall enough for Anne to crawl through and then try out her new found skill of walking .... all over the store, if I had let her. Time between each of these pictures was spent going out of the dressing room, rounding up Anne and getting her back in the dressing room where she could start her escapade all over again. 



The lighting was bad in the dressing room (of course) and the colors were horrid. Orange, mustard yellow, and eggplant purple? Really? Who did they pay to design that? But we still managed to get some decent pictures. Marie. was. in. heaven.



She loved looking at herself in this fun house mirror as much as she loved looking in the regular mirror. Again, a strange piece of decor for a dressing room, but it gave some added entertainment to the night.


And after all the beautiful princess dresses that she tried on can you believe that this silly t-shirt dress was her favorite? She liked the jeweled hearts on the front.

We finished off the night with dinner at "Texas Rollhouse", as Marie called it. Can you guess what her favorite part of the dinner was? It was interesting going to such a popular date restaurant on a Friday night with just my two little girls. I think they should have taken 5% off my bill every time they said, "Are you waiting for someone to arrive?" What can I say, we wanted to make it special and it was! 

It was the first of many girl's nights out with my two princesses. I can't wait for all of them!

2 comments:

Megan said...

So much fun! I'm glad you ladies liked it as much as we did!

Amy said...

How super fun! And Marie looked like a doll in all the pictures!