Yes, part II. Part I consisted of a Saturday spent with Grandma and Grandpa S and Marc, Eliza, Lucy, and Emma. We had a great time, but I didn't take a single picture so you'll have to take my word for it.
And now back to the task at hand. Marie's birthday!
Brandon and I spent some time the night before setting up streamers, balloons, Marie's birthday outfit, and William's cereal of choice for his sister. It was something I planned to do anyway, but we made it extra fun after Marie talked to me the night before about how excited she was to see the house decorated for her party when she woke up. It was an unintentional tradition, really. I have always decorated for birthdays and holidays during nap times and after the kids are in bed for an obvious reason... they are asleep. However, now it has become a must in Marie's mind. I can deal with that.
When Marie saw the decorations she exclaimed, "*gasp* My family party! I love this part!"
Our beautiful 4 year old on the morning of her birthday.Would that we could all have such great "bed head", huh?
That evening, after daddy got home from work and mommy finished piano lessons it was time for the family party. Marie insisted that because she was the birthday girl she got to choose the order of events. First item of business, open presents.
The gifts were beautifully wrapped by daddy. One from Anne (Snow White figurine doll), one from William (Tiana figurine doll with accessories), and two from mommy and daddy (spiral bound notebook and pink scooter).
After presents it was time for cake. Yay!
We Skyped with Grandma P and Sara while we sang so they could join in on the festivities.
I am pretty sure the 4th birthday for each of my children will go down in history as some of my favorites. There is so much excitement and anticipation and yet they are still pretty easy to please. We had a lot of fun celebrating 4 with Marie. She is a blessing to our family, that's for sure!
5 comments:
Looks like a great birthday! And that cake..oh my! Did you make it? Details and recipe pls!! :) I can't believe our "middles" are/and soon to be 4!!
What a beauty! Happy birthday, Marie. I love your joy. (and now I'm singing the song. Where's Debra?!? :))
Great job on the cake, Bethany. It is gorgeous!
What a cutie! LOVE the cake! Four is such a transitionary age...not quite preschooler, not quite big kid...I sometimes look at Eva and see how she will be when she grows up, but she still is all little girl, who loves twirling in the kitchen.
I'm glad you celebrate it all so wonderfully! It's inspiring. :)
So glad she had a fun birthday! And did you decorate that cake? You seriously amaze me...
Happy Birthday Marie! What a BEAUTIFUL cake Bethany! Love it!
Post a Comment