Friday, June 27, 2014

The Beginning of June

June was a limbo month. Our house was still on the market (as was expected) and I couldn't leave for California yet (as was originially planned) because Marie had a dance recital at the end of June. June 21st to be exact. That was my target date. My, I-can-survive-anything-for-a-few-weeks date. We spend a lot of time outside of our house to accomodate the steady flow of showings. (Yay for showings!) April and I were sure to meet up at parks and splash pads as much as possible before we were separated for the rest of summer by a few states.
 Anne and Katelyn
 Marie and Cordon

There is something extra special about your "first friend ever", or at least, my kids find it to be pretty cool, and I agree. William and Logan were off running around and had no interest in the picture taking that was going on.
 On the mornings we could just be together, we did just that. And a morning together is that much better with crayons and paper and paints. Sam played mostly with the water, which is what allowed this moment to happen. Everyone was content. It was so lovely.
 We drew secret messages to each other with white crayons that the kids had to "decode" by painting over it. I'll take these paintings in my home any day.


 After some painting and drawing, Anne moved on to dress-ups. Who can blame her?

 Another day that we had a showing we all went to lunch at a local pizza place that has a lunchtime buffet. Hello! William was in heaven. Endless pizza? Yes, please! They are especially well known for their breadsticks and we can see why. The cinnamon sugar breadsticks were so delicious. William may have consumed more than his body weight in cinnamon and sugar breadsticks. He was pretty please with himself about that. 

It was such a relief to have school and all that came with it out of our schedule. That "just" trying to sell our house and enjoy time with the kids seemed so do-able. I like feeling like life is do-able. It's kind of a good thing.

No comments: